The Yusef Abubaker Memorial Trust was set up following the death of our beloved son Yusef, who died so suddenly, aged 12, whilst playing football after school on 24 September 2007. Yusef died from a sudden cardian arrhythmia and has left a devastated family behind; the pain of living without him is unbearable. He was such a charitable person and was always thinking of others. We established the Trust to carry on Yusef’s charitable work for those less fortunate. We have so far raised over £100,000 which has gone to the following:
• to alleviate poverty
• assist in the provision of medical treatment of the sick
• feed the hungry
• assist in education
• help provide clean running water wherever it is required
• provide sports equipment and funding for the enhancement of public participation in sport.
We have restored sight in Sierra Leone, provided fresh running water in Bangladesh, provided vital life saving medical aid in war torn Libya and Syria, built the first ever Yusef Abubaker Memorial Trust library at the foot of the Himalayas in Nepal, supported local medical fundraising causes, established Yusef Abubaker Awards for Learning in local schools, supported BHF and Cancer Research and so much more..... all in Yusef'f memory.
Help us to help others in memory of our son and brother Yusef.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our Charity Runner FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2020 Run Bournemouth Weekend
- 2020 Run Bournemouth Supersonic 10K >
- 2020 Run Bournemouth Supersonic 5K >
- 2020 Run Bournemouth Supernova 5K >
- 2020 Dog Jog Bournemouth >
- 2020 Run Bournemouth Jnr 2K >
- 2020 Run Bournemouth Jnr 1.5K >
- 2020 Run Bournemouth Kids Kilo >
2020 Bournemouth Half Marathon
- 2020 Bournemouth Half Marathon >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Yusef Abubaker Memorial Trust via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.